Monday, December 21, 2009

Coolest Site of Web 2.0 and Beyond

OK hands down the coolest site and number one on the hit parade of MAPS is Google Maps? I like the satellite images and love to Zoom into a place. Way back in the dim ages before computers I use to look at stereoscopic images in Forestry school. Google Maps is way more fun! The terrain feature is OK, Not to excited about the traffic application. But the satellite images are pretty amazing, still can't zoom in close enough to see who has umbrella drinks and who is drinking beer at the party, but you could sure get a map to find the party. Play around a bit with My Maps adding my house to a Map for easy location. Have not drawn any lines on the map yet but that is a cool feature. Interfacing with Google Earth, what more could you want from the Internet. I have always loved looking at maps this is absolutely the best. More high resolution. I can't see how it only Google Maps rates only 4 stars for Social Aspects. Make a better map to your party some where else? I don't think so. Just think if Columbus would of had this technology! The library could mark all it's bookmobile stops and branch locations. Any way you look at it Google Maps rule.

1 comment: